Thursday, February 12, 2015

Blog in the field

Here's a link to a blog that talks about bridging the ADHD gap:
http://www.edutopia.org/blog/bridging-the-adhd-gap-merle-huerta


This blog discusses tips and ideas for helping students who have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. The author of this blogger, Merle Huerta, even includes links to research and theory. In the blog Huerta says that the ADHD gap can be bridged through methods of differentiation, child centered learning, movement, mindfulness breaks, and gathering data. Huerta brings forward many valid points that I believe are important in the classroom even for students who do not have a diagnosed disorder. I especially appreciate that Huerta mentioned the use of movement and mindfulness breaks in the classroom because I think that they are effective and often over looked.

The website www.edutopia.org has more interesting blogs by teachers with various topics. It is a helpful tool for educators who want to continue learning and collaborate with other professionals
.

3 comments:

  1. Great article! Although the link didn't work on my computer, I just copy/pasted it. I love the movement and meditation ideas. This is a great list of things we can do in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article! Although the link didn't work on my computer, I just copy/pasted it. I love the movement and meditation ideas. This is a great list of things we can do in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree that breaks are overlooked a lot of the time. It is something to keep in mind for me one day.

    ReplyDelete